Fall Market Jump!
Over the past 2 week I have seen a definite fall market jump! It is much needed for all those house sellers trying to decide what to do with their homes.
If your listing has expired and you’re trying to decide what to do, either wait it out and hope next year is better or put it back on the market now. I suggest not letting it stay off the market for too long or you might miss a big opportunity during this heating up fall market.
In this tough buyer market there are 3 things that will get your home sold and they all need to be working and working well to be able to get your home sold quickly and for top dollar.
- Get your home priced right for the market. There is no need for a cushion or having the price a little high to help with negotiations. Price the house at what the market will pay for it! It’s better to get people through the door and see the house then have a cushion and not have anyone through the door.
- You are competing against other homes so you need to have your home in tip top shape. If your competition has new paint and is very clean you also need to be equally as good to compete in today’s market.
- Get rid of anything just lying around! Clutter will make the home feel smaller and not feel clean
- This is your agent’s job. Ask him/her what is their plan to market your home and do they have that in writing. Then make sure they are following through with what they said they would do.
- If your agent is not getting your home online in front of people that are on the computer you are missing out. The MLS is very valuable but that can not be the end. Ask them were else you are going to be see your home online and ask for the week reports of people that looked at it.
If all three of these items are working well then your home will sell!
If you would like me to review your home and help you get it back on the market with proper pricing, condition and market then call me or email me ( Steve Volkers, Keller Williams Realty) today. Don’t miss out on this Fall Market Jump!!!